Saturday, August 20, 2011

Kelowna and onward

Happy with a solid race, I sat on the porch of my home stay in Kelowna, overlooking the lake. I couldn't help but admire the beautiful view and feel incredibly fortunate for the opportunities this sport has provided me.

My race this past weekend was a step in the right direction. After racing in Monroe when I wasn't quite ready, I spent two months time out in California, training at sea level and enjoying the summer with Chris. Over those eight weeks, I saw continued improvement and experienced training sessions that gave me confidence in my fitness and the plan that my coach and I have established. I am happy with how far I have come, and most importantly, thrilled to be racing and having FUN. Something extremely valuable I have learned the past few months is that you really do have to listen to your body, and even though it may not always cooperate, if you listen to it, you will be rewarded. My reward has been my ability to toe the start line and really race again. Sure, there is work to be done (and a lot of it!), but I am patient and have the support of a very wise coach and my incredible family and friends.

Up next will be Elite Nationals in Buffalo, NY. I can't wait to see my family when I head back east and I also can't wait to race again! Thanks to TIMEX for all the support, and I can assure you I will be racing my heart out on my new Orca next month.

Hugs and Smiles!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment