Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back in Colorado


I have had the MOST incredible summer. Driving across the country was quite the adventure, and I absolutely loved visiting my family back in CT, as well as spending the past two months in Santa Barbara with Chris and his family. I have been surrounded by wonderful people and this summer has been filled with sunshine and smiles. It is great to be back here in Colorado, and I can't believe school starts in less than two weeks. WOW! Time flies when you are having fun.

My training has been going really well. I am enjoying each training week and the challenges they present, and feel like I am getting stronger and more confident in where my fitness is at. Sure, I would have loved to have been racing a bit more this summer, but I am glad that my coach and I decided that there was no rush, and it would be smarter to invest my time in training and getting race ready before toeing the start line again. I have decided to go back to Kelowna to race this year, and am excited to see the incredible home stay family that took me in last year. It is a beautiful venue, and a well run race, so it should be great to go back to a familiar course.

Besides training the past few months, I have been writing articles for a newspaper in my hometown- the Waterbury Republican American. I am going to post a few of my articles here on my blog for you to enjoy! These articles are directed towards individuals who are new to the sport of triathlon, with advice on how to get started and ways to prevent injury, train for specific race distances etc. I hope you enjoy reading these, although they may be a bit boring for those of you more experienced triathletes. Anyways, I am excited to have been given the opportunity to write for this newspaper, as the area where I grew up is booming with triathlon fever, and the sport is surely on a rise. It is so exciting to see more and more people getting involved and adopting the triathlon lifestyle.

I hope you are all healthy and happy! Put a smile on.

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment