Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just popping in for a hello!

Hey all! Just wanted to send out a quick note to my followers- :)

Hope your 2010 years have been awesome thus far. Believe it or not, the season is just around the corner and I am totally stoked for it to be here.

Training has been going well. With a run focus, I have been properly building my miles, and am really enjoying getting out on the roads with no equipment, to just run. Whether a long run, speed work, or an easy cruizy day, running has always been an advantageous component of my daily routine in that I can relieve stress, and reflect on various aspects of my life. The weather has been on the colder side, but thanks to my new microspikes(similar to yak tracks for snow running) along with my love for sunshine (which is always here in CO!) I have been getting 90% of my runs in outside instead of the dreadmill. Hooray!

Thanks to Josh Shadle at Tri massage, and his laser therapy sessions, I am recovering well, and able to have the essential repeatability from week to week needed to gain fitness.

We have our first TT this weekend to decide our team for Collegiate Nationals this year. There are a lot of athletes on the club team this year, and with the guidance of Mike Ricci (head coach), everyone is making leaps in all three disciplines. It is a wonderful atmosphere to be a part of, and an inspiration to see so many people getting excited about the sport of Triathlon.

Should be another adventure filled year, and I am looking forward to it.

All for now-

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment