Friday, February 19, 2010

I just couldn't wait any longer!















So, I know I said that I would post AFTER the weekend here at the Team Timex camp, but I have had so much fun that I just had to write about everything so far.

I arrived Thursday afternoon here in NJ, and we went straight over to the Timex Performance Center. We have a recent partnership with the NY Giants, so we have been attending presentations, clinics, and carrying out activities in the Timex center where the Giants themselves train.

The first night was overwhelming to say the least. After meeting several of the team members, we were introduced to all the Timex staff (they are all totally awesome!), and given a little intro to launch the camp off. We had a HUGE surprise Thursday night when we all received the new GPS Timex watches that won't be out on the market until June. I am incredibly excited to incorporate this new technology into my daily training, and use all of its awesome features. After receiving our first surprise, we were guided into the Giants Locker room where we each had our own locker with our name above it. Inside the cubby was our very own Timex team bag filled with tons of goodies from our sponsors. :)

Even though I don't follow football, passing by MANNING printed on one of the lockers definitely caught my attention. "I know who that is.." I thought. We haven't seen him at the facilities yet, but we have met some of the other Giants team members in the weight room and had the pleasure of talking to them about their training schedules and lives as athletes, just like us.


Today was an early morning because after a long day of travel, I wanted to get a session in before the busy day started. It is just about 7 PM east coast time and I have been up for over 14 hrs! However, every minute of the day was fun filled as it included more presentations from some Timex staff members on recent technology developments, a personal video testimonial, work on our individual team videos, and a VO2 max run test. Although we have been going nonstop, the members on Team Timex, along with all the staff members make every experience truly incredible and worthwhile. We finished off the day at the Performance Center with a football game on the Giants indoor practice field, which was entertaining to say the least. Now, we are awaiting an evening out at Medieval Times as a team, which will, without a doubt, add to the list of wonderful memories I already have from being a member of the Timex Multisport Team thus far.

I will post again after the weekend is over!

Best quote of the weekend so far...
"You have to grow old, but you don't have to grow up." -- Thanks Bruce :)


Hope all is well for everyone reading!

Jessica Broderick

No comments:

Post a Comment