Monday, September 10, 2012

Pre Nats Post

Usually I wait until after a race to write on my blog, but I have a lot going on now and like to post about my life outside of sport as well.

School started two weeks ago and I am LOVING my classes this semester. I am getting a bit sad because I really enjoy learning, and graduation is just around the corner. Of course there are plenty of places besides college where I can learn, so I am looking forward to absorbing all the knowledge I can wherever life leads me.

This semester I am taking five classes (Science Writing, International Media and Global Crises, Entrepreneurial Adventures in the Media, Reporting 3, and Photojournalism), as well as fulfilling an internship with VeloNews. So, I am quite busy with all of this and training, but am really enjoying the balance each day brings.

I leave Wednesday early in the morning to head back East. I don't race until Saturday at noon, but I am visiting my grandparents in Rhode Island on Wednesday and then driving up to New York on Thursday afternoon with my parents and little sisters. My grandma was recently diagnosed with lung cancer and I am really excited to see both her and my Papa. I sent her a Chobani care package and she said that the yogurt has been one of the few foods she can stomach during chemo. I love being out in Colorado, but I do miss my family and am looking forward to visiting them since I don't get back East very often. I also fly in on my parents 25th anniversary and will be with my Dad the following day for his birthday. It will be a great trip!

Chris is traveling out to New York on Thursday, so I will meet up with him on Thursday night after we make the drive North. We are both really excited for Nationals this year, and it should be great to have the support of my family there. My parents, all three sisters and my sister's boyfriend will be there cheering! I always love to have the people that mean the most to me on the sidelines. Competing becomes more special when you can share it with your family and biggest fans.

After the race on Saturday we are all headed to Niagara Falls for the night. Even though I grew up on the East coast, I have never been to Niagara Falls. I am really excited for my mini vacation and of course, ready to race hard on Saturday.

All the best,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment