Thursday, September 20, 2012

Let's try this again...

"Life, like the game of golf, is all about how you play out of the rough."

On my flight back from Buffalo, I found it ironic that when I pulled out the Spirit magazine in the seat pocket, I read the quote above on its cover. And yet, how incredibly perfect for me to come across this in a time of extreme disappointment. Traveling home after a bad race is one of my least favorite things. A four hour flight feels like a trip across the Pacific.

But sometimes you need a quote, an inspirational story, a good friend, or a family member to slap you across the face and just say "get over it."(I was happy to have a quote do this, not a person).

I put myself on the start list for the Cancun World Cup a few weeks ago, and have decided to race there on October 7. This will be my first time to Mexico, and my first World Cup! I am putting Buffalo behind me, focusing on working hard every day, and looking forward to another shot at racing in a few weeks.

Keep looking up,

Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment