Saturday, August 21, 2010

Kelowna!

Hello!

I am here in Kelowna very excited to race tomorrow. I am on the top of a mountain overlooking the beautiful Lake Okanagan and am so thankful for my wonderful home stay family who have welcomed me here. After a solid chunk of training from mid July to early August, I am confident in my fitness and very anxious to see what I can do.

Kelowna is an incredible place and I have really enjoyed my stay so far. I arrived Thursday night and flying in to the airport was simply breathtaking.

Some things I have learned since I arrived:

I have an accent, apparently, which my home stay family says they really like.
Their are LOTS of people who have drowned in the lake I will be swimming in and only some of their bodies have been found.
The peaches at this time of the year in Kelowna are scrumptious.
Canadians are even bigger hockey fans than I thought.

Anyways, wish me luck for tomorrow! It's go time!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment