Sunday, August 1, 2010

Epic adventure!


Hey everyone-

So after sitting down with the coach, and evaluating my season thus far, we decided to get a two week block of volume in. It has been awhile since I have had a big riding week (before Collegiate Nats in April) just because the main focus has been on getting speedy. However, after a bit of a mid season break, we thought it would be best to get a little mid season base in, then back to the intensity work in a week. So, this past week has been incredibly busy with lots of training sessions, but it is Sunday (finally!), I have one more session, and I am feeling great! I have been spending a lot of time resting and recovering in between sessions, and paying close attention to my nutrition before, during and after sessions. Also, I have been drinking constantly to avoid dehydration in the heat we are experiencing right now in Boulder.

My favorite sessions this week-

Run up at Magnolia Tuesday morning
Stroke and Stride Thursday night
Estes Park ride Friday

I had my longest ride ever on Friday with two of my buddies- Steve Richard and Matt Hudson. It was an awesome ride, with some beautiful views and lots of climbing. I am so fortunate to have amazing friends and training partners to share this sport with. One of my favorite things about Triathlon is the amazing friendships that you gather along the way.

Anyways, hope you are all having a great summer! Can you believe it is August already!? Where did the time go?

Keep at it,

Jessica B.


No comments:

Post a Comment