Wednesday, November 11, 2009

R&R

Hey!

No race reports, or updates on training, but perhaps something even more important(at least to me!) I am beginning to realize that, even harder than training itself is valuing rest and recovery at this time of the year. After going after it for the past months, and having a summer full of excitement and success, my body and mind are telling me to take it easy. This is MUCH harder than I anticipated. However, in order to build a strong base for the 2010 season, I need to be fresh and fired up. Come next racing season, I know my body will thank me. For now, I will be directing my attention towards school, reading the piles of "pleasure" books that I usually have no time for and staying active in new scenery-yoga, hikes etc. This will only last a short while, then time home for Thanksgiving in CT, and back at the daily grind come December. Look for my next post- "Things I am thankful for," around November 26th.

Thanks for reading!


Jessica 


1 comment:

  1. According to this, you've been on R&R for almost 4 weeks. ;-) Write more, it's usually good stuff!
    Mike

    ReplyDelete