Saturday, July 25, 2009

A glance back...

Hey everyone-
This is my first post on my blog. I just made the site a few weeks ago, and in the midst of traveling to race and visit family, as well as training, have been playing around with the gadgets and have finally figured it out! Don't laugh at me for all you computer wizzards!
So far, I have had a very exciting year. The 2009 season was launched with a victory at Collegiate Nationals, April 18th in Lubbock Texas. For those of you who read my race report on Facebook, you have already all heard about the details.


Here is the link to read up on that..
ttp://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1086870755#/profile.php?id=1086870755&v=app_2347471856

Anyways, Collegiate Nationals was a great trip overall. With all my teammates and my family there cheering me on (besides Emily, my older sister), it was truly the most amazing feeling to have this accomplishment with all their support. From my race report "I am excited to be part of this team in the years to come. The CU Tri team has changed me. This team has made me a better person, and a better athlete, and has made me realize just how amazing life is with special people and an atmosphere filled with love."
I encourage all triathletes to pursue a college experience that involves athletics. Whether it be one of the three disciplines, or maybe even a school where there is a triathlon club similar to University of Colorado. I found that this year went so smoothly, academically and for triathlon ( SO FAR!) because I was able to find a group of students who were experiencing similar daily routines that I was. Fitting in up to four training sessions a day, a 15-20 hour weekly class schedule, trying to find some social life to keep you sane, working...It can get kind of crazy and chaotic! I was able to get organized, use my time wisely, and excel in all aspects of my life. I found my niche!


All for now :)
- JB


No comments:

Post a Comment