Friday, February 28, 2014

Hello, NZ!

I have arrived in NZ! It is my first time to this beautiful country, and I am excited for our four weeks here. The San Diego training block went well- I stayed healthy (thank you Rick!), and got in a consistent eight weeks of work, making progress in a lot of areas and taking new tools and knowledge with me onward to Camp #2. I am transforming as an athlete in a lot of ways, and changes aren't solely physical.

It was great to visit with Chris in Manhattan Beach, CA before flying out of LAX on Wednesday night.  Chris was flying in a different direction to Florida for two early season ITU races in Clermont and Sarasota (GOOD LUCK :)!!) Although it is tough to be worlds apart, we are incredibly supportive of one another, and I can't imagine being on this journey without his encouragement and love.

I am currently in Queenstown, a few kilometers from the airport, waiting for Darren and a few of the other Dsquad athletes to land this afternoon so we can make the trip up the mountain together. This camp will be at altitude, an environment I am familiar with after five years in Boulder, Colo. I am eager to get settled and take on new challenges in our temporary home of Snowfarm.

View from hotel in Queenstown, NZ.
Just a short post- mainly for friends and family who asked me to update my blog more often so they can keep tabs on me ;)

Love you guys!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment